Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon Lab126

3.1

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Step 1 Phone interview with HR
    Step 2 Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    Step 3 On site interview with the entire team starting 9am to 5pm. after 25 days

Phone interviews were purely about my resume
    I am a Program Manager with start-up and they called me for systems engineer position
    Onsite was hardcore...technical question, business side questions, strategy

How to create test plan for kindle like devices?
    Solved couple of EE questions
    Mathematical question. Challenged the statistician and proved him wrong. (I have a MS in Aerospace)
    Also Found bugs in kindle that they could not..they were not happy as i found faults in the testing plan.
    I convinced them i am bringing more than what they require.

They judge you on your technical skills, interpersonal skills, if you are a good team player.

On-site was a test on pure endurance to see if i can perform under stress..i guess i did a great job.

I noticed ppl who were interviewing me were unaware of what position they were interviewing me for. Not COOL!!!

Some of the teammates has language barriers as they could not ask questions correctly but were technically strong.

They treated me really well. Flights hotels, Personal chef made food ( interview was so grilling cudnt eat anything for 9 hours)

Great experience. Offered great pay as well.
    Kindle was desperate to convert 500 ppl team to 2000.

End result : Reject :( Reason being over qualified which i agree as is a threat to the hiring manager.

But lot of innovation is going on so i wouldnt have minded taking up that job.

Interview Questions

• find the shortest resistance path for a 1ohm cube   1 Answer
    • weakness, strength, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs normall HR questions   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received prompt email replies.

The actual interview was a one-hour phone call interview. It was not too technical. The focus seemed to be on actual experience relative to the position. The job was directed to Business Development in general, and there was very limited information about the role responsibilities. Focus on your experience.

It was a very friendly conversation. But it didn't go further than that for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a business development activity where you were responsible for leading a team.   Answer Question

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen first by recruiter then phone interview by hiring manager follow by on site. Follow behavioral interviewing process referencing the leadership principles https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles. Interviewers were cross-functional members who later meet for a collective hiring decision. Results will be prompt but no feedback will be provided whatsoever. 40-45 minutes for each interviewer with about 5-10 min for any questions. If I was to go through another behavior interview, I would overlook asking questions during the interview, stating such questions will be sent in separate emails after the interview due to limited time. Instead, I would have spent the allotted 5-10 min to summarize and confirm what was discussed, what questions were asked and what responses were given. Interviewers will take notes either by writing or typing on laptop. If possible, reference back to the principles that those questions were meant to address. Assess if your example(s) adequately address the principle targeted. By doing so, it should provide you the applicant feedback from your own effort.

Advanced Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2014.

Interview

After being referred to by a past co-worker, was contacted immediately by a recruiter, who arranged a telecon for the next business day. Unfortunately, the position for which I was being considered was not posted, and the team role was not well understood on my side. After the conversation, I was able to ask some questions about the role and the team, and realized that my answers were not the strongest they could have been.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to contribute to development of specifications to reduce quality risks.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Chaos. That is the only way I can describe it. From trying to park, to the reception area, to the attempt to have an interview somewhere not being able to find a room.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team that is different.   1 Answer

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

A interviewer was to difficult for me because he want to say to long story on experience. most interviewers asked me about technical questions to go through for 45 minutes, HR explained general information about company benefits. I feel company culture is very active and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a long story with a you experience about how to communicate with them when you face some issues with other teams?   Answer Question

Senior PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

Very poor process; recruiter was curt, unfriendly and tried hard to set down expectations of title etc. I get it - Amazon has deflationary titles, but that's not the only thing that matters and all applicants have plenty of choices; scheduling interviews was slow; asked to prepare including written assessment only to be informed at last minute the interviews won't happen because they chose to go with other candidates for reasons that didn't make any sense - they didn't ask relevant questions about that reason at all - not at all open and transparent - and not true to the values they love to talk about all the time!

Interview Questions

• Write a document with an example of a product innovation you conceived of   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard process - HR phone screen, hiring manager phone interview, in-person interview. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Everyone I meet with was open, friendly and clearly cared about working there. The interviewers were from multiple departments and different disciplines in the company. They don't give any feedback afterwards but that is fairly standard these days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult/unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The are two rounds of phone interview followed by a full day direct interview by at least 6-8 people.
    The arrangement and followup is very professional and well organized.
    One thing to mention is there are always couple of key interviewers including the hiring manager who will grill you and at time it might go into grey areas - say the interviewer doesn't provide a opportunity to present yourself properly but cross questions and dominates the session fully.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on previous work experience & Amazon principles   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I have been contacted through a business and employment-oriented website. I was scheduled for a first recruiter phone screening. The recruiter asked me to send CV and sent me a document with the job descriprion. On the phone the recruiter was very polite and professional, explained the role first and the team requirment. After the screenning she sent me a list of additional material to study for the technical interview, witch was the following week. The Technical recruter asked me to talk about my last experience, then asked some tecnical questions, then shared a link for the coding test. After the test, I contacted only by mail, two days later for the results.

Interview Questions

• Represent the tail command programmatically Print the last 10 lines of server.log   Answer Question