Accruent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Accruent Interview Questions

Interviews at Accruent

2.7

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I met two recruiters at a job fair, liked their enthusiasm and energy. Applied for position online. Took online IQ-like and personality tests. Was asked to do a phone interview for a different position than I applied for. Phone interview and follow up were professional. Pay was way below what I was expecting. Wasn't asked back for an in person interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Very efficient and speedy, compared to other companies. Total time between online application and offer was less than two weeks. There was typically only a lag of a few days between interview steps. Usual steps of HR recruiter call, online assessment, hiring manager call, on-site multi-session face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Accruent is a big fan of behavioral interviews. Be prepared with stories for most common questions.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online and then was emailed a link to take an assessment and personality test. These were fairly easy, however, the amount of time for the assessment was quick. After the test, I received an email the next day to choose available times for a phone interview. 3 days later I was called and asked about my past experience. Because I am a recent college graduate the questions all tailored to my school work. Not much else. The woman I spoke to then informed me should would pass my information to the higher ups and if they wanted to pursue with me she would contact me. She told me she looked forward to speaking with me again. I was fairly confident after the phone call and felt extremely good about it. 3 days later I received a vague automatic response email that after reviewing my application they were going with someone else.

I was extremely annoyed with this because there was no mention of the email. It felt as if that didn't matter in the process and it would've been nice to have had the woman I spoke with and had been receiving emails from to have sent the email.

If you go through the process I did and have the phone interview- keep in mind it means nothing. You didn't make it through any part of the process, it all is stage one. Don't get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the kind of work you did in your graduate classes   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Clear and quick interview process. The tests were a bit heavy handed, especially having to physically go to the office to take one. That seemed distrustful. The process was otherwise fairly easy and the questions were geared towards personality.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by online aptitude and personality tests, followed by aptitude test again, on camera.

The aptitude tests were pretty easy, 50 questions, 15 minutes. Don't expect to finish them all. Don't use a calculator or anything, just pen/paper. After I took the exam online, I had to take it again on camera to prove I wasn't cheating, etc. You only take the personality quiz once.

No offer, just a generic sorry email, which is kinda lame.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired compensation?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent.

Interview

Was scheduled to meet with 3 different interviewers one day. When I showed up, they claimed the main interviewer was sick for that day so I had to sit down and do an interview over a conference call while another employee took notes. It seemed they had already filled the roll but when ahead and went through with my interview, essentially wasting everyone's time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online for this position and was contacted by their HR to take two online tests. One was a personality test and another was an IQ-like test (took about 15 minutes). I was then asked to take the IQ-like test again (I'm almost positive it was the same one) over a webcam to make sure I didn't cheat or anything (you had 15min for 50 questions, cheating would likely only hurt you).

After that I had a phone interview with a senior manager. The next step was a webcam interview with the same manager followed by a group interview (30min, 90min respectively) with my immediate team managers.

All in all, the process was mostly about my work behavior. I got 1 programming question about inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you messed up and how you handled it,

What would happen if you knew you wouldn't make a deadline,

Describe how you work with a team to complete a common project,   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I was sent an email with links to a series of assessments and then asked to choose a time for my phone interview. The interview was quick, maybe 15 minutes, and then I was told my information would be passed on to the team and they would make a decision in a few days. I was surprised that I didn't have to interview in person or have any kind of technical interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what languages I knew and my proficiency in those languages.   Answer Question

Facilities Assessment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After completing the aptitude assessment, an initial phone interview with a representative from HR was scheduled. This interviewer asked about past working experiences and why I was interested in the position.

Another, identical and proctored, aptitude assessment was scheduled whose content was extremely simple.

A follow up phone interview with a project manager was scheduled a week later and more detailed questions about past working experiences were asked. Such as, "Tell about a project you were involved in that took a few days/weeks to accomplish and what was your role?"

A week thereafter, an in person interview was conducted. In one hour, I spoke with two managers separately who asked me to talk about my resume and informed me of the job responsibilities. They also asked me to explain what the company accomplishes before giving me their perspective. It was a very friendly interview and felt more like a fluid, back and forth conversation.

Interview Questions

• "Tell about a project you were involved in that took a few days/weeks to accomplish and what was your role?"

"Tell me what Accruent does."   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

My whole process started when I went to Accruent's website and applied online. Their application is right on the same page as the Job Description, has a few qualifying questions, an upload spot for a resume, and then you submit.

Next step, nine days later, I got an email from them for testing. As the other reviewers here mentioned, this is apparently standard for Accruent and consists of a Personality Test (just like ones you can find online) and an "IQ Test". I had no problem with the Personality Test, but the IQ Test, I didn't even finish. It was 50 questions in 15 minutes, so I figured I was out of the running.

To my surprise, the next day, a recruiter emailed me to set up a Phone Interview. I agreed and scheduled it for the next day. She gave me an overview of the job, asked me why I was looking for a new job, and some general questions regarding my qualifications. After that, she offered me to come in for the In-Person Testing, as other reviewers mentioned also doing. I scheduled mine out two days later and went in first thing in the morning. The recruiter gave me a brief tour of the entire facility, and then brought me into a conference room to with a MacBook, a pad of paper, and a pen, and made me redo the "IQ Test" again. Once again, I didn't finish all the questions, but the Recruiter did mention that unanswered questions don't count against you. After I was done, she returned to the room and said they'd follow up with me for In Person Interviews.

Hours later that same day, I got that email and submitted what times I'd be available. Two days later, I came in and had the In Person Interviews.

These interviews were a marathon. It was two panels with two Managers each, one Senior Manager and one potential future Manager who I might actually report to (if that makes sense). Both panels were an hour long, making for two hours straight of Interviews, and then another 20ish minutes with the Recruiter again going over the Benefits package.

The first panel interview was great. It was a fun conversation among the three of us, they asked me questions like what are my strengths, what motivates me, and a fun question of how nerdy was I. I left that panel feeling great like I made real connections. The second panel, though, I could tell my caffeine buzz was wearing off. This panel, the Sr. Manager was much more direct and seemed not to be entertained by stories as much. He kept focusing on the more negative interview questions like when have you ever argued with a Supervisor, have you ever dealt with a coworker who wasn't carrying their load, have you ever had a project that you failed to complete and why. He even interrupted me a few times when I was answering his questions on top of that, which killed my self-esteem a bit. But I survived, and afterwards, the Recruiter came back and explained the Benefits, and I left feeling like I had done the best I could.

The next day, the recruiter called me and offered the job. I was stunned, because I honestly thought I bombed that second panel! But it pays off to approach the interviews as a conversation. Do your research on the company here on Glassdoor, look up the Managers on LinkedIn, Google the Company, I even checked out their Instagram page to get a good feeling of the culture. Bring all that research with you to the interview, and practice some generic interview questions. It'll show in the interview room--in fact, one of the questions in the first panel actually was "How much do you know about us?" My research blew them away when I listed all the stuff I could remember.

Overall, the interview process was thorough, transparent, quick, and the recruiter, Sarah K., did such a great job being open and communicative with me and she was such a pleasure to talk to, like an old friend.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about us?   1 Answer
    • How nerdy are you?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever argued with your Supervisor about anything?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with a coworker who wasn't carrying their load?   Answer Question