Accenture Analyst Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Accenture Analyst Consulting Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.3

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online via their website and got a response back via email after about a week. Then I had a phone interview less than a week later. I went about the phone interview in the wrong way. It is 75% behavioral and 25% technical (case study). Don't make the same mistakes that I did -- establish a relationship with your interviewer, know his or her name, make sure to have 3-4 relevant and poignant vignettes for the standard behavioral competency questions. I could tell I goofed right off the bat and it was impossible to turn it around after that even though my case study skills and latter behavioral interview were solid. The case itself was easy and non-quantitative in nature. The interviewer seemed like he really didn't want to be doing the interview, and really emphasized on time. He also seemed pretty cold and even a little arrogant.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you faced that you have had to show leadership? What makes for a good management consultant? What does an Accenture management consultant do, exactly?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

straight forward. cooperate in group and think with innovation and you ll nail it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through the fast track process - inspiring woman's event. Applied for the event and had a job offer exactly three weeks later. Very quick and professional - I was so surprised.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates Accenture to its competitors?   1 Answer

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview

Filled in online application form and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a telephone interview. Half an hour long interview covering competency question, knowledge of Accenture and a case study. I feel that I ultimately fell down on my lack of preparation for my case study and not having prepared enough for competency questions.

Interview Questions

• After naming IBM and Capgemini as Accenture's main competitors in technology I was pushed for even more, despite having named other companies already.
      Case study asked me to help a company who was having trouble integrating its systems but lacked funds to invest in a specific platform.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online after an employee referral and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a first round phone interview. There were three components to the interview. There were motivational/knowledge-based questions (Why do you want to work for Accenture? Who are some of Accenture's competitors?), behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities. Tell me about a time when you faced uncertainty and achieved greatness.), and a case study.

Interview Questions

• In the case study, the interviewer specifically stated what the main problem was that the company was facing. When she asked me to list three problems, I thought that I was supposed to think out-of-the-box and draw conclusions based on all of the information already presented, so I intentionally avoided reiterating the problem that she had stated first. Do not do what I did! My interviewer was clearly frustrated and I knew from that moment that I had no chance of progressing to the next round. Repeat what your interviewer says word for word and do not try to be creative with your answers. It is not what they are looking for. Best of luck!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Tests and telephone interview are straight forward, they can be prepared by browsing through previous examples on sites like wikijobs.

The assessment centre is interesting and challenging, need to be prepared and go in there with a clear mind. The advice is that if you did not do well for one stage, do not let it affect your performance during the following stages.

Overall the process is process has been interesting, the feedbacks are useful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview first then invited to London office for 1:1 interview. It was competency based and case interview. The case was simple but I lost during the analysis.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best achievement so far   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was lucky to be interviewed by a consultant and not an HR robot. She was very friendly and helped put me at ease. The interviews focused around your bog standard competency based questions, followed by a really simple mini-case study. Unfortunately my interest was in strategy, yet she had said at the outset that 'I'm assuming that you're here for technology'. I think Strategy must have been full already by that point so I basically shot myself in the foot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with somebody on your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application form involving the usual previous education and work details and a mini essay question about why Accenture and about previous extra-curriculars. First round interview was competency based with a manager. Second round consisted of 3 interviews- case study, senior manager interview and a managing director interview. Lots of competency based questions, motivational and CV based questions. Thought they were all pretty tough but very straight forward. Some of the competency based Qs were quite specific, looking for certain situations which were not easy to think of on the spot. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you thought you were given unfair feedback   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was invited to take a video interview. This consisted of 7-9 questions which were based around motivation (e.g. why Accenture, what is your understanding of the role), competency and a mini case study. The assessment centre was a very short day consisting of two exercises. The group exercise was based on a bank merger and the key here is to be engaging and take on an active role as timekeeper or scribe if possible. The 1-1 interview mainly involved questions on the group exercise so it's important to know exactly what solutions you pick as a group and why you picked them (and if you've made a mistake don't be afraid to admit it). At the end, there were a few motivational/competency questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.