A.T. Kearney Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

A.T. Kearney Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview itself was easy and the case they gave was relatively straightforward for both rounds. The 2nd round interviewer they put in front of me was very inexperienced and could not get over the fact that I was more qualified for the job than she was. Once that became apparent, I've tried to get her past it and get her to move on but it created an uneasy tone for the rest of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• The case was a classic M&A case from any case prep book. They had a company that was looking to expand in a different region, what are the considerations type of scenario.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Campus hiring process
    Got to know people in the firm and vice versa during various events on campus including coffee chats, case study practices etc.
    Interview settings are comfortable and not aggressive or attacking
    Diversity is highly respected and appreciated

Negotiation

Offers are standard when out of campus
    Smaller items such as moving fees etc could be negotiated

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

two rounds, in total about 5 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

• The personal questions, you should be prepared with good stories to tell   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

Very difficult interview experience, must have broad skillset, real world application and presentation skills

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

2 case interviews on campus.
    2 cases and a fit interview at the office

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Typical consulting process in a business school: We started off with a "resume drop" process with
    80-100 people applying. Then about 24 got chosen for an on-campus first round and I believe 8 went to second round in the A.T. Kearney offices.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tile manufacturer with declining Sales, how will you improve your Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I got recruited by AT Kearney's primary staffing agency. It was a series of phone calls and in person interviews.

1) Phone screen with a mid-senior level manager , went over behavioral questions and case interviews
    2) In person interview: Behavioral, resume oriented, case interview
    3) Case presentation: Solve and present a case

I had an excellent experience in the interview process. My phone screen interviewer then turned prep mentor (once i got selected to the in person interviews). As part of the phone mentor process they provided mock interviews for written and presentation cases. This was absolutely invaluable and it showed 1) they want you to succeed 2) they want you to be prepared

In person, the first case was medium-tough, if you have solved over 50 cases you can get the answer. But they dont care about the answer, its the approach. The like to hear your approach as that is a better indicator of your case solving nous.

The in person interviews are split into morning and afternoon sessions. If you get the morning 3 pack right (behavior, case, resume) you will get selected for afternoon presentation case. There was a 2 hour gap between the sessions.

The toughest part of the interview was the presentation case, they gave me about 15 pages of hard core data and about 18 questions to address. They provide you 1 hour to read, decipher, answer the questions, then you have to put them up in large presentation stick it notes so you can present to a partner and principal. They get about 1 hour to inundate you with questions, this process was equally rewarding and scary. They want to ensure you can speak for your numbers, you can show your work and show how you arrived at your conclusion while simulating client-like environment.

I have since accepted AT Kearney's offer and can say that the amount of encouragement and coaching i get is absolutely great, they truly care for your comfort and fit with the company to ensure we can focus on the clients. Its been 6 months since my interview and 3 months since i joined, i waited to post this so i can share my experience after i joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Case solving is key; approach to solving the case is pivotal   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated location, and start date. No salary negotiation allowed, though their offer was very good by itself.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The interview process was good and the feedback was great. I was a better fit for a less senior position and the interviewers were very helpful and encouraging.
    HR was not as organized as one would hope.
    As an advice, make sure to practice a lot of cases and ask for a mock interview buddy from the firm to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews: the first one was general fit and behavioral questions (tell about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone/client), the second one was a case (market sizing and strategy)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Coming out of the MBA, they have a very structured process: you will have two rounds of interviews with two people interviewing you in each round. The interviews are focused on your fit with the company and on your ability to solve the cases. You will need to practice your cases for a long time before being 100% ready for this!

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in May 2015.

Interview

The process included three stages. I first had a phone interview to disucss my backgroiund and potential fit with the firm. The second interview was case and behavioral. The third interview was a presented case interview and behavioral.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.