A.T. Kearney Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

A.T. Kearney Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first invited to network with reps from the firm at a fancy bar in my University. This got me on their watch list as I was called for a first round interview within two weeks via the campus recruiting system. The first round was on campus - I was told that evening that I had passed the first round and was invited to Chicago for the final round interviews. The final round interviews were as difficult as any other consulting interview - 2 case interviews and one "personality" interview. The cases were the usual stream of complex business issues and one partner continuously pushed for me to give more ideas.

Interview Questions

• He asked "What else?" after I had outlined some scenarios for a business case - this happened about 4 times. It kept me on edge   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Had an employee submit my resume.

I had a phone screen in which I was asked multiple behavioral and resume questions. The next round was two Skype rounds in which one was behavioral and one was a case question.

For the final round I flew out to New York to interview in the office. This interview consisted of meeting 3 partners. It was a terrific experience!

Everyone I met at the firm was incredibly interesting and engaging. I enjoyed speaking with everyone and learning more about the firm. The HR staff was terrific throughout the entire process.

A.T. Kearney is a firm that is growing aggressively and seems to be a terrific place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

back to back 1 on 1 interviews for the first round (behavioral & case), then the final round was 2 30 minute behaviorals followed by a 30 minute case. Very efficient process, I had my offer the same day as my final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interviewy type questions. ie talk about experiences in teams, speak to something technical that you're learning in school, why do you want to work here, etc. Cases were also standard, develop a branding strategy and investigate a procurement problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Evanston, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for on campus interviews, notified less than a week after applicationa and about two weeks before interview. Before the interview there was a reception and they also assign you interview buddies who help you prep. Pretty helpful. Interview was one case and one behavioral, case was on supply chain. What's cool was that even though I didn't get an offer, they called me and gave me personal feedback, which I really appreciated.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Final Round Interview Structure:
    1 Skills Assessment Test
    - Tested your ability to use Access and Excel. The computer they gave me crashed twice so either they have a very flawed process or they don't weight it much
    3 Interviews half fit half case
    - First Interviewer is younger with basic questions
    - Second Interviewer is an engagement manager with more specific to the company questions
    - Third interviewer is a partner who just tries to have conversation to pin you down as an inspired individual
    - All case questions were market sizing estimates to test how you broke down large targets and handle assumptions
    - (My questions were: How many airplanes fly out of our airport every day? How many people ride our subway line in one day?)
    Lunch for schmoozin
    Case
    - Usually a straightforward target, but they only give you an hour to do analysis and make a presentation about it. You would be surprised how the time pressure really gave you tunnel vision
    Presentation
    - 5 to 10 minutes of presenting followed by questions asked by the team.

Interview Questions

• How many people ride the red line each day?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2008.

Interview

The process consisted of two case interviews with two different project leader-level consultants. The first case was about sustainability while the other was about operations for a packaging company. The first interview was almost too easy, with the interviewer providing a lot of help even though I was not struggling or asking for it. The second interview was a bit tougher, but I thought I did ok. It is hard to say where I went wrong because they provided very little feedback.

Interview Questions

• What was the monetary impact of a project I was working on at a previous company? (The project involved R&D at a start-up pharmaceutical company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

-two interviews on site. One case and one behavioral for each. The case is fairly straight forward - try to get a feel for the interviews style (are the more qualitative or quantitative) some prefer you actually doing the math and solving the case, while others just want to hear your thought process. Prepare for both

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

2 interviews: first round and second round; all interviews were conducted on campus
    First round: 15-20min Case + 15-20min Behavioral
    Second round: 1 hour: 1-on-1 case, 1 hour: 1-on-1 case, 1 hour: behavioral/fit

Interview Questions

• Case Questions -
      1. market sizing (bottom up)
      2. complexity reduction
      3. profitability   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2015.

Interview

I got invited to on campus interviews after applying online. They were really disorganized. The signs on the first floor of the building where interviews were being held weren't clear about which room I was supposed to go to. I asked a receptionist and she told me to go to the 2nd floor. It turned out that wasn't the right floor so someone came looking for me after the time my interview was supposed to begin to direct me to the interview room on the 4th floor. The interviewer was very cold and seemed shocked that I didn't attend any info sessions or interview prep workshops they had held on campus. He asked me some very specific behavioral questions and one question on market sizing. He was not engaging at all. There was another person in the interview room who didn't say anything and just took notes. I guess they were just trying to test how I'd react to a bitter client....

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2015.

Interview

First round was two back to back 45 minute interviews via Skype, one with a partner for behavioral questions and the other with a senior consultant for case questions. Both interviewers were incredible friendly, personable, and intelligent. Questions for the behavioral portion were basic and focused on checking my resume. The case was also fairly simple. Both interviews felt like an initial screening. I made a mistake though, and am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.