Compare Walmart vs American Red Cross BETASee how working at Walmart vs. American Red Cross compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Walmart vs. American Red Cross. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Walmart scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- American Red Cross scored higher in 1 area: Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Senior Management and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Walmart.
- "Great mission" was the most mentioned Pro at American Red Cross.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Walmart.
- "Volunteers" was the most mentioned Con at American Red Cross.
I worked at American Red Cross full-time for more than a year
Great pay and benefits, good company culture, room for growth
Poor communication from upper management, mandatory Saturdays, lots of travel, long hours
Advice to Management
Keep staff's best interests in mind, don't fight with the union, you won't have so much turnover.