Compare USAA vs Rackspace Technology BETASee how working at USAA vs. Rackspace Technology compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at USAA vs. Rackspace Technology. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- USAA scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Culture & Values.
- Rackspace Technology scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at USAA.
- "Rackers" was the most mentioned Pro at Rackspace Technology.
- "Military" was the most mentioned Con at USAA.
- "Rackers" was the most mentioned Con at Rackspace Technology.
I have been working at Rackspace Technology full-time for more than 8 years
Lots of things to work on, easy to move internally, great people who work there.
It's Private Equity owned, so it's always a battle to get any resources or backfills for positions. Raises and promotions are scarce, basically anything that costs more money is nearly impossible... currently, even after the IPO. One day it won't be private equity owned and maybe the actual gains the company is getting in the market will benefit the employees rather than the owners, but that day is not today.
Advice to Management
Rackspace won't stay relevant without investment. Private equity knows this but doesn't care - find someone to buy out that stake who actually wants play a long term growth game.