Compare USAA vs Amazon BETASee how working at USAA vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at USAA vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- USAA scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at USAA.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Call center" was the most mentioned Con at USAA.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I worked at USAA for less than a year
USAA truly cares about their members and employees. Other companies may just talk the talk, but never walk the walk. This isn't the case with USAA as their benefits, pay, workplace culture and... dynamic, etc. is top notch.
The only downside is the locale (San Antonio) if you're not a fan of the area.
I worked at Amazon for less than a year
Work is very interesting and hands-on if you are into programming and software engineering.
Sometimes projects can be vague and it is difficult to get a clear path on what you are supposed to be doing. I found this on my project, however a lot of other interns did not struggle with this... issue, so this is probably a me problem and not a them problem
Advice to Management
Clearer goals on projects