Compare TOPdesk vs Elastic BETASee how working at TOPdesk vs. Elastic compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at TOPdesk vs. Elastic. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- TOPdesk scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Elastic scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Elastic had 5 more reviews than TOPdesk that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Door de" was the most mentioned Con at TOPdesk.
- "Open source" was the most mentioned Con at Elastic.
I have been working at TOPdesk full-time for more than 5 years
+ TOPdesk has a great (family) culture. Very nice and helpful people, no back stabbing. Good atmosphere in the office. This is very rare for a company + A lot of freedom. Sometimes this is hard to... handle, when you are not used to it . This gives you a lot of opportunities to do what you like. Since it is an international company, you are also able to explore across borders. However, you have to create this yourself. + Personal development. TOPdesk is willing to invest in your personal growth. That's great! + Caring and thoughtful employer. They are willing to think with you, help you when you are struggling also during private issues.
- After a few year growth in the company itself is limited. Especially in the Dutch office. Because of the great culture, many people stay for a long time and don't leave. This means the management... is not going to change. Has been the same people now for a long time - Innovation and change. Company is getting very big. Product is getting behind compared to competition. Company is slow paced. TOPdesk tries to work agile, but due many roles now and lack of deciveness by the management things go even slower than before. - Salary is very low compared to market. Other conditions don't weigh up to this. This is one of the reasons experienced people leave. We need these people to grow even further. - Lack of winners mentality. Most people think it goes fine the way it is now. That's a pity. You see that this infects the core values of the company in a negative way.
Advice to Management
You should be proud of creating this great culture with great people. Keep this up! However, TOPdesk keeps on growing. Therefore we need strong leaders with a clear vision. Dare to make decisions.... Also try to keep your experienced people by investing in them, otherwise they will leave.
I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year
Organized and structured where it counts, freeform and creative where it's the most beneficial. Progressive, mature and measured company values. Innovative technology to work on. Plenty of room to... grow and multiple promotion paths. Distributed by design. Excellent compensation. What's not to love?
Distributed nature makes some things take longer