Compare State Bank of India vs ICICI Bank BETASee how working at State Bank of India vs. ICICI Bank compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at State Bank of India vs. ICICI Bank. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- State Bank of India scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
- ICICI Bank scored higher in 6 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Job security" was the most mentioned Pro at State Bank of India.
- "Good work culture" was the most mentioned Pro at ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank had 286 more reviews than State Bank of India that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at ICICI Bank full-time for more than 3 years
It is a great place for enhance your learning,pressure handling and team working skills. Salary is decent. I will recommend to stay here for 2-3 years. You can make good Corporate contacts as every... day you are dealing with big MNC clients. You can work in wide range of banking products. Within 2-3 years you can have fair knowledge of many banking products.
Late night sitting is the culture of Backbay branch. Some managers stay till 1 am at branch just to impress higher management. Unnecessarily making simple transaction into critical one. Middle... Management rarely take responsibility of any mistake. People who complete their work within stipulated time, considered as useless. Making an issue of small things is the trend of this branch to get promotions and rating.
Advice to Management
People really work hard here. But senior management should consider practical scenario as work load is damn high as compared to staff count. Rating criteria is not cleared. (Bell-curve is not the... answer for 1 year of hard work.)Some employees get good rating from past 4-5 years without doing any extra ordinary work as they are with banks from many years ( Not expected from brand like ICICI).Some so-called favourite managers of higher managements don't even know how to handle a team and motivate people. Knowledge and Managent are two different things. This branch has lot of knowledgeable people but careless management from Unit Heads.