Compare Southwest Gas vs Las Vegas Valley Water BETASee how working at Southwest Gas vs. Las Vegas Valley Water compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Southwest Gas vs. Las Vegas Valley Water. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Southwest Gas scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Las Vegas Valley Water scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southwest Gas.
- "Health insurance" was the most mentioned Con at Southwest Gas.
I worked at Las Vegas Valley Water for more than a year
- Diverse set of teams and applications to learn from - Modernizing technology and working environment - Cohesive direction for the organization, everyone feels to be pulling in the same... direction - Knowing you are working at a world class utility and serving the valley
- No set path forward to full time employee - You can only learn as much as your team allows you to - Old application maintenance
Advice to Management
It is disingenuous to treat the internship position as if it is an apprenticeship without allowing any real path to finding work at the District. If there are no openings when you graduate that is... the end of your career. Despite how many months/years you have spent in the position, or institutional knowledge you have gained.