Compare Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan vs OMERS BETASee how working at Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan vs. OMERS compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan vs. OMERS. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- OMERS scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan had 12 more reviews than OMERS that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Yonge and finch" was the most mentioned Con at Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- "Pension" was the most mentioned Con at OMERS.
I worked at Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan full-time
friendly environment great leaders energetic and determined
Not many cons. Maybe the toilets are too small.
I worked at OMERS full-time for more than 10 years
Good salary, average benefits, good location (brand new building so nice office space), great facilities (i.e. meeting rooms, kitchen/lunch room, etc.), good bonus structure but management... manipulates this. Lots of great people to work with - unfortunately, some bad apples make this a toxic place to work.
No empathy, terminate employee’s constantly and have worked hard to get rid of people who make too much or have long service.. nepotism is common with individuals getting moved into positions with... little to no experience which would qualify them for the position.
Advice to Management
Hire leaders that know pensions. Right now senior management in the pension division know little about pensions; management in member services are more interested in looking good to senior... management than building a good environment for their team - morale in the contact centre is at an all time low.