Compare NPower vs Version 1 BETASee how working at NPower vs. Version 1 compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at NPower vs. Version 1. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- NPower scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Version 1 scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Young adults" was the most mentioned Pro at NPower.
- "Core values" was the most mentioned Pro at Version 1.
- "No training" was the most mentioned Con at NPower.
- "Core values" was the most mentioned Con at Version 1.
I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 8 years
The best thing about Version 1 is the people. There's a start-up vibe to some parts of the business where people are pulling in the same direction, innovating and building cloud-native stuff. It can... be intense, but when you're working in a team all trying to achieve the same goal, you don't mind. It's never boring. Compensation's competitive. Company's very stable despite coronavirus.
Some good people have left - but they're usually moving up the career ladder and taking positions with huge companies like Google & Microsoft. It can be hard to keep people when they come... knocking. Some people struggle with the pace & pressure - good people who can't keep up / manage their time. It's unfortunate, but just the nature of consultancy.
Advice to Management
Figure out how to deliver the Summer BBQ / Xmas party remotely :) A clearer path for senior tech people would probably help us keep the best people. There's lots of talent in the ranks so we need... to find a way to hold onto them.