Compare Las Vegas Valley Water vs SolarCity BETASee how working at Las Vegas Valley Water vs. SolarCity compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Las Vegas Valley Water vs. SolarCity. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Las Vegas Valley Water scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- SolarCity scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Great company" was the most mentioned Pro at SolarCity.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at SolarCity.
I worked at Las Vegas Valley Water for more than a year
- Diverse set of teams and applications to learn from - Modernizing technology and working environment - Cohesive direction for the organization, everyone feels to be pulling in the same... direction - Knowing you are working at a world class utility and serving the valley
- No set path forward to full time employee - You can only learn as much as your team allows you to - Old application maintenance
Advice to Management
It is disingenuous to treat the internship position as if it is an apprenticeship without allowing any real path to finding work at the District. If there are no openings when you graduate that is... the end of your career. Despite how many months/years you have spent in the position, or institutional knowledge you have gained.
I worked at SolarCity full-time for less than a year
Great benefits, good pay, fair scheduling
Blind management focused purely on numbers. Misleading customers into a sub quality product. This company sells long term loans and does it in a sneaky way.
Advice to Management
Sell a viable product and ensure the correct people are in management.