Compare GlaxoSmithKline vs Sanofi BETASee how working at GlaxoSmithKline vs. Sanofi compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at GlaxoSmithKline vs. Sanofi. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- GlaxoSmithKline scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Sanofi scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at GlaxoSmithKline.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Sanofi.
- GlaxoSmithKline had 36 more reviews than Sanofi that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Sanofi full-time for more than 3 years
This is a large, multi-national company with lots of investment and fast-changing portflio, which allows for participation in multiple different projects. Career prospects are great - if not within... the department, within the company there are multiple opportunities to progress. There is also a generous continuous education allowance, which allows one to study towards a selected degree while working. The company invests in the wellbeing of the employees, there is a staff canteen, coffee dock and gym on site, good health insurance and pension benefits, free parking.
As in many large places, the employee satisfaction depends largely on the direct management - with good leaders the work is great, with bad leaders it can become a nightmare. I personally have had a... good experience, but in some departments the staff turn around is quick because it's not as great. There is not much R&D involved in the fill-finish site I work on, so career progression in scientific research is limited. Career progression within the own department is also limited.
Advice to Management
Focus more on the positive feedback - people work hard to deliver goals, most of the time nobody aknowledges that it has been noticed.