Compare GEICO vs USAA BETASee how working at GEICO vs. USAA compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at GEICO vs. USAA. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- GEICO scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- USAA scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- USAA had 123 more reviews than GEICO that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- USAA had 175 more reviews than GEICO that mentioned "Call center" as a Con.
I worked at GEICO full-time
A lot of opportunity for advancement Great benefits Yearly merit raises Profit sharing
Micromanagement Over monitoring of associates Facility has everyone piled on top of each other
Advice to Management
Everyone who you hire is an adult, treat them as such. Don't monitor bathroom breaks. Address issues with associates on an as needed basis instead of treating everyone like they are a bad employee.
I worked at USAA full-time for more than a year
Great benefits. Tuition reimbursement and on-site amenities.
MSR's are constantly on the phones. It can be overwhelming. For being a military oriented company, they didn't offer military leave. But they might offer it now.