Compare GEICO vs Progressive Insurance BETASee how working at GEICO vs. Progressive Insurance compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at GEICO vs. Progressive Insurance. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Progressive Insurance scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- GEICO had 251 more reviews than Progressive Insurance that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- GEICO had 31 more reviews than Progressive Insurance that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- GEICO had 91 more reviews than Progressive Insurance that mentioned "Call center" as a Con.
I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year
Best company I have worked for. Some of the perks were: schedule flexibility (unmatched), training, diversity, employee review process (management could be reviewed by subordinates), employee... recognition regardless of tenure. Pay and benefits were decent as well. Of course, there were some supervisors that took their job waaayyy too seriously but I think that's an experience with any employer. Sounds corny but they were pretty progressive.
For me, being on the phone in a call center environment got really old after about the 2-year mark! Unfortunately, other employees felt the same way which made getting a non-call center position... extremely hard due to the internal competition.
Advice to Management
Management at my location was pretty cool. You might find yourself in the same training class with a big boss and not even know but everyone was very down-to-earth and believed highly in an open-door... policy.