Compare Debenhams vs House of Fraser BETASee how working at Debenhams vs. House of Fraser compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Debenhams vs. House of Fraser. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Debenhams scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- House of Fraser scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Senior Management and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Debenhams had 140 more reviews than House of Fraser that mentioned "Staff discount" as a Pro.
- Debenhams had 111 more reviews than House of Fraser that mentioned "Credit card" as a Con.
I worked at House of Fraser part-time for more than a year
Good environment, pleasant space and facilities, great atmosphere and dynamic between staff across the board. Loads of opportunity to progress. Decent pay and benefits, time off etc. Staff... discount throughout store and online, occasional incentives for targets.
Procedure doesn't consider common sense, no wiggle room for emergencies (i.e. sick cover=major understaffing issues) Poor management of labour, sometimes chronically overstaffed, equally as likely... to be chronically understaffed, never seemed to get this quite right. Poor communication with concession managers and HoF advisors, concession managers generally getting away with circumventing company procedures on a regular basis.
Advice to Management
I think you do a brilliant job, I wish you were given more direct control over rosters and hours, and more staff to work with! I think all issues can be traced to rigid procedures without proper... review.