Compare American Airlines vs Alaska Airlines BETASee how working at American Airlines vs. Alaska Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Airlines vs. Alaska Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Airlines scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Alaska Airlines scored higher in 5 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- American Airlines had 395 more reviews than Alaska Airlines that mentioned "Flight benefits" as a Pro.
- American Airlines had 246 more reviews than Alaska Airlines that mentioned "Travel benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at American Airlines.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Alaska Airlines.
I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time for more than 3 years
Cautious and reliable company, good work environment, great coworkers, flexible schedule after the first year or so
Not a lot of bases, only along west coast, hard to adjust to flight attendant lifestyle, first year or so is rough before you establish seniority. But much better and faster than most other airlines... in the US