Compare 24 Hour Fitness vs Life Time BETASee how working at 24 Hour Fitness vs. Life Time compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at 24 Hour Fitness vs. Life Time. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- 24 Hour Fitness scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Life Time scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Life Time had 411 more reviews than 24 Hour Fitness that mentioned "Free gym membership" as a Pro.
- Life Time had 49 more reviews than 24 Hour Fitness that mentioned "Gym membership" as a Pro.
- Life Time had 12 more reviews than 24 Hour Fitness that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time
The positive aspect of being a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness is that you have the opportunity to get a personal training career started, they will hire trainers without previous experience. If... you are a successful trainer you typically get to make your own schedule. Its also nice working in close quarters with other like minded individuals.
Management has really high turn over, so you might constantly have to adjust to having a new person in charge. Also, the company takes a huge cut out of your commission. They frequently change rules... and regulations regarding expectations of staff. Also, they make it really challenging to get healthcare coverage. And the healthcare they do have isn't great.
Advice to Management
I think a good manager leads by example, and works with there employees. The most successful managers I saw at 24 hour fitness we fair and transparent with all staff.
I have been working at Life Time full-time for more than 3 years
The people! The relationships you form with members, guests and your co-workers is truly amazing. A dynamic I have never experienced before!
The compensation is on the lower end of what should be paid. Especially for those in full time roles.