What does a Senior Web Developer do?
Web developers work within the design code and modification of websites according to their client’s specifications to handle every aspect of the process of a website’s creation from layout to function. They make their clients’ visions become a reality by ensuring the finished website has its appropriate and fitting applications.
Web developers handle the look and feel of a website as well as its technical and logistical components. This includes performance and capacity measurement and continuing to create and test its applications once they are in hand. They write code for the site often using HTML or XML programming languages and codes, and they break technical aspects down into simpler terms for the client. They will also collaborate with graphics teams and design departments to determine the website’s specific look, feel, and layout. They are also often responsible for the monitoring of the website’s traffic once it goes live. Web developers have completed a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields.
- Communicate and work with teams as issues arise.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and deploy phases of development projects.
- Develop and design web applications and software.
- Design and plan applications to meet project objectives.
- Follow relevant company procedures and help create and maintain relevant documentation.
- Review user interface designs and changes made to the product.
- Collaborate within a project team to solve complex problems.
- Responsible for successful completion of code deliverables within projects.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines with automated test suite integration.
- Promote best practices by developing tested and organized code.
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support.
- Responsible for automation of the build and minification processes.
- Collaborate effectively across product, UX, and engineering to deliver concrete results.
- Adhere to specific quality, timing, and other performance metrics.
- Create and report on project status, deadlines and constraints.
- Analyze the design and use of complex data sources.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer science, information systems, or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Can participate in Agile ceremonies including daily scrums.
- Proficiency in SQL Server, JQuery, HTML, and XML.
- Proficiency in GIT, UI Design, ReACT, and Drupal.
- Familiar with Oracle SOA Suite
Senior Web Developer Salaries
Average Base Pay
Senior Web Developer Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Web Developer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Web Developer Insights
“I have recetnly started in this company and i think i will have a good and long career ahead.”
“Good payment for your work and recognizes you if you and your work is worth of”
“If you love to sew and be creative and have fun this is a great place to work”
“It is not a permanent cons but after lockdown salary time is little bit delayed.”
“Interview was good but not selected bcz they want latest technology that was not in my resume.but”
“I have been working at Toppscholars for almost a year and to be honest this is a very good organization.”
“I enjoyed the work which was challenging and eventually made me a much better developer than when I started.”
“I have been working in a good team of 5 people and we ensure Website infrastructure is good.”
Senior Web Developer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of web developers
Web developers are widely sought after, and they can work as full-time employees, part-time consultants, or contract freelancers. One of the best parts about working as a web developer is that most of the work can be completed at home or remotely.
Working as a web developer does have its challenges, especially when the clients' sites have issues that must be taken care of immediately. To fix these issues, web developers might need to log evening or weekend hours. They also need a strong knowledge of software programs, programming languages, and design basics.