What does a Senior Quality Manager do?
A quality manager is tasked with the obligation to ensure all company products meet consumer expectations and demands. Specific daily duties for this position include overseeing employee performance and inspecting products to ensure conformity throughout the production process. Where products fail to meet quality standards, the quality manager is responsible for discarding and rejecting the product and documenting the reasons why it failed to meet the quality standards set. Typical career advancements for quality managers include progression to a managerial position or directorship.
A bachelor's degree in a related field is often required by most hiring managers for the position of a quality manager. Prior experience in quality management and production processing is preferred with the need for familiarity in company and industry quality standards. Successful candidates are proficient in computer technology and systems with an in-depth knowledge of market trends and conditions. Additional skills include strong leadership, management abilities, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Collaborate with the upper management team to set quality benchmarks
- Create standards in accordance with industry standards and customer expectations
- Identify quality control processes to ensure criteria are met at all times
- Execute tests to check final product adherence to the company standards
- Record findings and relay this information to the production team
- Brainstorm ideas to increase productivity and performance of the production line while maintaining accuracy in quality
- Make crucial decisions in favor of cost-efficiency without compromising on quality
- Oversee production to ensure conformity in final product processing
- Prior experience as a quality manager in a production processing environment
- Familiar with company and industry quality standards and processes
- Proficient in computer technology and systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth knowledge of market trends and conditions
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to positively influence others
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills
Senior Quality Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Senior Quality Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Quality Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Quality Manager Insights
“Rishabh Jain is my Associate Director and he is an amazing person to work with.”
“It was a quick practical and fun experience where I could use the information I learned.”
“Quality department at LAT was amazing and a great team to work with.”
“People are great and nice.”
“Colleagues are knowledgeable and great to work with.”
“Team is amazing and fun to work with.”
“Great pay and weekly at that.”
“Good and friendly environment to work.”
Senior Quality Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Quality Manager
When working as a Senior Quality Manager, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are SAP QM, HANA, Development Methodology, Configuration and Consulting.
- Quality Engineer
- QA Engineer
- QA Manager
- Supplier Quality Engineer
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Quality Manager is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.