What does an Investment Banking Senior Analyst do?
Investment banking analysts raise capital for businesses and individuals by issuing debt and selling equity. They oversee mergers, conduct research, and assist in preparing legal and financial documents related to their transactions. Investment banking analysts conduct research and review financial information as well as market trends. They create and implement financial models to review deals and determine profitability. They oversee merger-and-acquisition, and supervise IPOs and private-equity settlements.
Investment banking analysts lead and support clients by expanding corporate and personal enterprise and preparing legal and financial records to complete an investment, acquisition, or purchase. They examine risks and provide their financial advice and identify close and potential investors when appropriate. They maintain comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and legal issues in the financial industry. They need a bachelor's degree in finance or related fields and a minimum of three years experience as an investment banking analyst alongside in-depth knowledge of structuring deals, regulations, and principles and protocol for closing.
- Provide direct support to the engineers, assessors, and clients to ensure timely delivery of services and deliverables.
- Lead day-to-day project management and oversee execution on a range of advisory and financing transactions.
- Maintain system patches, O/S, SQL, and HBSS STIG compliance.
- Integrate strategy ideas derived from various analysis, forecasts, business plans, and research into presentations for various stakeholders.
- Apply new financing, optimization, and hedging strategies to financial transactions based on the client's financing needs.
- Perform financial and valuation analysis using both industry standard and proprietary models.
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the firm.
- Work on a wide range of transactions including restructurings and recapitalizations,
- be actively involved in day-to-day transaction execution, gaining significantly more client interaction and live deal experience than their peers at Wall Street firms.
- Issue final reports of client interactions and discussions to senior management and maintain ongoing communication.
- Create a positive, effective work environment conducive to open communications, taking initiatives and collaborative problem solving team culture.
- Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level personnel in the business processes and procedures of area supported.
- May be responsible for resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Generate potential ideas and new business opportunities to clients to help solve problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by compliance management.
- Identify current security threats, predict future attacks, and designs a security incident response program with a documented plan of action to take if a security incident occurs.
- Provide technical leadership, supervision, and guidance to teammates.
- Responsible for overall adherence and attainment of all defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Prepare and deliver content for weekly/biweekly operational reports and operational status meetings.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, computer science, information systems or systems engineering, or equivalent experience.alent experience
- Experience with EMASS, DOD, SIEM, SQL, and cloud software and systems.
- Experience as a professional writer.
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills and strict attention to detail.
- A leader with fluency and frameworks, risk assessments, and incident response.
- Experience with derivatives and banking.
- A collaborator with strict time management and prioritization skills.
Senior Investment Banking Analyst Salaries
There are no current reports for Senior Investment Banking Analyst salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Investment Banking Senior Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become an Investment Banking Senior Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Investment Banking Senior Analyst Insights
“Really great to work with managing directors and senior analyst with strong investment banking and investing background.”
“Communication isn’t the best and the team and be largely dis functional and unorganized.”
“The agency has some of the best creative talent who are really great to work with.”
“Wells Fargo has the best corporate culture out of any of the other investment banks I interviewed with.”
“I would recommend Commerce Bank as an employer if you are looking for a great career path.”
“CBA have a great work life balance as well and is all about providing an amazing atmosphere for both team and customers.”
“awesome place to work and very fun”
“Relative stable and good job security”
Investment Banking Senior Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of investment banking analysts
The typical day of an investment banking analyst includes assisting clients in obtaining funding through investors. They may also assist clients with negotiating mergers or acquisitions, analyzing information, and providing financial estimates that help clients make informed decisions. They review and interpret data to build financial valuation models based on trends.
The best part about being an investment banking analyst is that they're often in demand because of their analytical and financial knowledge. While it's a highly competitive industry, working as an investment banking analyst who provides industry consultation to business owners and investors can be a very rewarding career.
Working as an investment banking analyst may be challenging at times. One difficult aspect is that clients can be demanding, and managing time efficiently between clients and research can be a learning process. Ongoing training is especially important for an entry-level investment banking analyst.