What does a Senior Implementation Manager do?
Implementation managers develop processes to introduce new programs or systems into the workplace effectively. Often they are involved with facilitating use of new computers, technology, or software and work in conjunction with information technology staff. They clarify a company's goals and develop an implementation strategy that often involves identifying tasks that need to be completed to prepare employees for new resources. They ensure that staff using the latest equipment or software are informed about the changes in advance and receive appropriate training.
Implementation managers may also delegate tasks to ensure that deadlines are met. They maintain constant contact with project managers, overseeing the creation of the resources. They may also work in other departments where they are responsible for implementing operational processes or programs for staff or clients. Implementation managers need a bachelor's degree In computer information systems, management science, communications, or related fields.
- Is a conduit between the client, their broker, and internal partners in finding the right solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive cost/benefit analysis and prepare business cases for projects.
- Support teammates, serve as a sounding board, backing one another up as needed, mentoring new team members.
- Provide staff-level technical configuration and, in some cases, programming as required.
- Communicate formally and informally to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Implementation, refinement, and ongoing monitoring of client health score.
- Responsible for the overall success and efficiency of the software implementation process.
- Confirm configuration of the system(s) as defined in the project scope and specifications to meet the client's needs.
- Establish and maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
- Adept at learning new products and services to deliver remarkable results consistently.
- Manage team's performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance, and quality as it relates to customer implementations.
- Assist with the development of client information management standards and evaluation of technology trends.
- Act as the voice of the customer during policy, process, and solutioning discussions.
- Educate clients in how to manage, navigate their portals and plans and how that impacts the employee population.
- Serve as main point of contact during employer partner implementations.
- Analyze customer needs and current market trends and make recommendations to the company in terms of services, processes and product optimization.
- Review of agreement records to ensure contractual commitments are met during the implementation life cycle.
- Provide appropriate advice, ongoing feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness of individuals and departments.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, business administration, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Agile, APIs, SaaS, Restful APIs, Cloud, SQL, and Agile software and systems.
- Demonstrated time management and critical thinking skills with an eye on continuous improvement.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Is a collaborator with demonstrated leadership and problem solving capabilities.
- Comfortable onboarding and computing on the job.
Senior Implementation Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Senior Implementation Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Implementation Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Implementation Manager Insights
“The team that you work with for implementation is really strong and great to work with.”
“Paying with Visa is super safe and I have been proud of working for such a great organisation.”
“they look into career development and growth within the company (see corresponding con to this)”
“Actually this is a good and benefits you to become the best person what are you like to do.”
“In the 5+ years at Fiserv I was provided many opportunities to learn and grow.”
“Flexible WFH working policy allows me to exchange time spent needlessly commuting for time dedicated to work.”
“Pay is pretty good but you need to be a director or above to really be paid well.”
“Got great opportunities to show my potential to the best under the immense guidance of my seniors.”
Senior Implementation Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Implementation Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Scrum Master
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Implementation Manager is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.