What does a Senior Geologist do?
As a Geologist you will lead projects involving local and regional environmental studies and remediation efforts. You may work individually or as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will work in a lab environment as in the field in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
The ideal candidate will have a master's degree in geology or a related field and hold a license as required by the state. You need a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role and proficiency in using statistics in technical writing with hands-on experience in conducting environment studies are invited to apply. You must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time and have excellent presentation skills.
- Conduct environmental studies and prepare environmental reports
- Provide presentations of findings to audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Use a computer and other tools to capture geological findings
- Use statistical software packages to analyze data
- Travel to local, regional, national and international locations to conduct research
- Plan and supervise field studies
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment, per protocols
- Take safety training courses
- Master's degree in geology or a related field, preferred
- License as required by the state
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in conducting environmental assessments
- Proficiency in statistics
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with a computer and other tools
- Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time
Senior Geologist Salaries near Ireland
Average Base Pay
Senior Geologist Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Geologist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Geologist Insights
“Good teamwork Great learning curve to kick start my career Learnt a loot from the team”
“If you put in the effort to learn/upskill you will get great support and really advance your career rapidly.”
“It was a terrible transition and I had another opportunity so I decided to leave.”
“Hire entry level with little to no experience (I was hired right out of college).”
“Raises are essentially distributed to get each member of the department closer to everyone having the same wage.”
“There is lots of opportunity for additional responsibility for high performing individuals and it's a great place to develop your career.”
“Decent pay and good per diem”
“The pay was terrible and overworked.”
Senior Geologist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Geologist
When working as a Senior Geologist, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Modflow, Excellent Communication, Strong VERBAL, Calculations and Spreadsheets.
- Technical Sales
- Sales Engineer
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Geologist is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.