What does a Senior Digital Producer do?
An executive producer is responsible for overseeing all of the operations and long term goals of a film. They are responsible for ensuring that the film is released to the largest audience. A few of the main duties of an executive producer are hiring the appropriate staff, raising money for the film, working with unions, and collaborating with other departments. They also have to ensure that the budget of the film is met. Some of the job titles that an executive producer had in the past would be producer and associate producer.
An executive producer should have ten years of experience in the entertainment industry; a Bachelor's degree in film is not necessary but helpful. One of the most important skills that an executive producer will have is the ability to manage a variety of people. Another skill is leadership as the executive producer will have many different employees looking to them for guidance.
- Develop a budget for the film
- Ensure that the film stays within the budget
- Work within union regulations
- Hire the appropriate staff for the film
- Market the film during the buildup to its release
- Work with other departments to create a great film
- Maintain the brand image of the film
- Create a long term strategy for the film
- Bachelor's degree in film is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Incredible problem solving abilities
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to market the project effectively
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Incredible vision to bring a project together
Senior Digital Producer Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Digital Producer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Digital Producer Insights
“My career progressed quickly and they gave me regular pay rises which was very motivating.”
“I was shocked the CEO was present to introduce himself and speak with me the first week on the job.”
“I love the work I get to do and the creative and friendly people I get to work with.”
“EUCI offers incredible opportunities and working here is the best way to learn the industry business.”
“There is also a lot of travel opportunities within the conference producer role which is great.”
“Morale is higher than any studio I can remember working at in my 26 year career.”
“Really good work culture and social”
“If you are a recent collage grad or early in your creative career First Media is a good place to start.”
Senior Digital Producer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Digital Producer
When working as a Senior Digital Producer, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Editing, Humor, Meet Deadlines, Critical Thinking and Encoding.
- Web Producer
- Video Editor
- Operations Manager