What does a Recruitment Consultant do?
A recruitment consultant works with clients to help them find the best candidates for employment at their company. As a recruitment consultant you will search for potential employees, screen them and match them to available job positions. You will create a recruiting strategy and work with clients and candidates from the sourcing stage up until the ideal candidate is hired.
As a recruitment consultant you will be working closely with both clients and job applicants, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Experience in the recruiting or human resources field is a plus. A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Marketing or a relative field is required. You must also be familiar with recruiting and sourcing techniques, including the use of software and social media.
- Build long-term relationships with clients
- Recognize and strive to meet client's hiring needs
- Create and implement recruiting strategies
- Create and post job advertisements
- Search for potential candidates using hiring databases and social media
- Assess applications and resumes
- Screen applicants before the interviewing process
- Match applicants to job positions
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, marketing or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of recruiting and sourcing techniques
- Customer Service and sales skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make reasonable decisions
- Experience using applicant tracking and recruitment marketing software
- Excellent with prioritization and time-management
- Knowledgeable of employer branding techniques
Recruitment Consultant Salaries
Average Base Pay
Recruitment Consultant Career Path
Learn how to become a Recruitment Consultant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Recruitment Consultant Insights
“Made some great friends here who I enjoyed my time outside of work and keep in touch with.”
“Young staff stupid And niaeve don't know any better things the way the md acts is normal.”
“I say this as someone that got along with everyone and actually liked the people I worked with.”
“They genuinely care about your career development and push you to take the next step.”
“Sarah Brennan was supportive throughout and always made sure I felt confident and prepared for each interview.”
“EngTal gave me a great opportunity and it is one of the best decisions I have made in my career.”
“They´re one of the market leaders in the industry and that will give you great learning and development opportunities.”
“Worked with a lot of amazing people and finally got to where I am doing something I love.”
Recruitment Consultant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Recruitment Consultant
When working as a Recruitment Consultant, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Job Descriptions, Consulting, Applicant Tracking System, Subsidies and Strong WORK Ethic.
- Corporate Recruiter
- IT Recruiter
- Technical Recruiter
The most common qualifications to become a Recruitment Consultant is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.