What does an Operations Analyst Intern do?
An Operations Analyst is responsible for identifying and solving issues relating to the performance of the business operations. To do so, vast amounts of data and information must be analyzed and reviewed with the cooperation of the sales management and engineering departments. Depending on the industry, an operations analyst may progress into overseeing different enterprise accounts in a regional or national position.
Operations analysts often require a bachelor's degree with a master's degree in business or a related field preferred by most employers. Due to the demands of the job, a minimum of 3 years working as an analyst in a professional business work environment is required. Candidates that do well in this position possess strong attention to detail along with business acumen fueled by sharp analytical skills.
- Review company policies and business process
- Analyze data and information to identify business opportunities
- Work closely with executive management to achieve outcomes based on company goals
- Recommend and update policies and procedures to improve performance
- Enhance workflow and cross-departmental engagements
- Collaborate with the sales and engineering team to improve cost-effectiveness across all platforms
- Create monthly reports to management on key findings and assessments
- Keep updated on industry and market trends
- Minimum 3 years as an analyst in a professional setting
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills to work with different management levels
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for many hours a day
Operations Analyst Intern Salaries
There are no current reports for Operations Analyst Intern salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Operations Analyst Intern Career Path
Learn how to become an Operations Analyst Intern, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Operations Analyst Intern Insights
“NatWest is an excellent place to work with respect for people and support for personal developement”
“career growth/ promotion is tough and varies greatly on which client/ team one is on.”
“Learning becomes stagnant after couple of years and there is not much growth learning or career wise.”
“1. Lots of learning opportunities and you get to work with all DSPs and training is really great.”
“Nice managers and every was willing to work with me with the tasks i was given.”
“class brand and proactively offer you opportunities to take your career where you want it to go.”
“It gives much opportunities to younger candidates to explore chances for growth and build their career here.”
“I was given many opportunities to learn and grow in fields I was interested in.”
Operations Analyst Intern Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of operations analysts
The typical day of an operations analyst includes evaluating the processes of a company and making recommendations on ways to overcome challenges and meet company goals. They are responsible for conducting research to identify new solutions to existing challenges, while also making suggestions on how to improve operational efficiencies.
Becoming an operations analyst can be considered a good step in your career, as jobs in this field are typically in high demand. Businesses often look to the business training of an operations analyst to come up with new solutions to current business challenges.
Working as an operations analyst can be stressful at times, depending on the nature of the problems they are tasked with solving. One of the challenges of the job is that these professionals are expected to work with many departments while using a wide range of interpersonal skills, which can be challenging at times.