What does a Lead Primary Care Physician do?
Primary care physicians are a patient's regular family doctor. They develop long-term relationships with their patients through routine checkups and visits, and serve as the first medical professional the patient will visit if they have medical concerns that go beyond the normal routine checkups.
Primary care physicians examine patients and take their medical history, updating their charts as needed. They counsel patients on health-related issues including daily activities, diet, hygiene-related concerns or issues, and prevention measures. They address patient concerns or answer questions patients may have about their health and well-being, and they assess and treat conditions that occur in a patient's everyday life. They prescribe medication and order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests for their patients and diagnose and provide non-surgical treatment for various problems that affect internal organ systems. Primary care physicians also refer patients to specialists when applicable and need a degree in medicine, 3-4 years of medical residency, a license to practice medicine and certification in family medicine where applicable.
- Perform in depth due diligence on investment prospects.
- Review in detail the annual and semi-annual reports for such funds.
- Provide direct patient care including infusion therapy, administration of medications and nursing treatments.
- Help develop and maintain best practices for the Global Specialty and Primary Care communications team.
- Provide ongoing coordination of patient flow on the team.
- Demonstrate full understanding of the specialty and primary care portfolio strategy and translate that into fully aligned brand plans for specialty products and emerging S&PC assets.
- Help to manage news flow externally (and internally) to ensure 'share of voice', maintain consistency and quality, maximize impact and reduce 'noise'.
- Schedule and participate in meetings with private equity managers seeking capital.
- Work with marketing team to update investment marketing books, complete RFPs, and respond to client requests.
- Oversee the day to day work of other team members supporting specialty assets, and well as public relations agencies.
- Investigate documents and resolve or refers as appropriate problems and conflicts.
- Ability to create and maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Dynamic communicator who embraces and adopts new approaches and trends.
- Engage patients/families and referring providers at various aspects of the patient care continuum through various forms of communication.
- Educate patients parents guardians or appropriate designee on managed care process and communicate authorizations if needed and reviews potential financial obligations when appropriate.
- Job requires sitting for prolonged periods. Repetitive motion: (computer and mouse use).
- Develop, implement and monitor initiatives that promotes zero harm for employees and patients, promotes staff engagement and support growth and strategies. .
- Medical Degree in general medicine, experience as an intern, and other relevant qualification needs.
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail.
- Sound critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Is willing to collaborate with others and confidently diagnose and provide risk assessment for patients and clients.
- Experience working with measures including intubation, defibrillation, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Experience with C, R Language, and Email software and systems.
- Can assist in settings such as a hospital ICU.
- A critical thinker and problem solver.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, professionalism, and decision making acumen.
- Comfortable onboarding patients, consulting with teams and patients, and outside entities where appropriate.
- Fluent in HIPAA policies and protocols.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for continuous improvement and lab compliance.
Lead Primary Care Physician Salaries
There are no current reports for Lead Primary Care Physician salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Lead Primary Care Physician Career Path
Learn how to become a Lead Primary Care Physician, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Lead Primary Care Physician Insights
“The GM I had was terrible at their job but one of the Assistant Managers was the best and held the job together.”
“supportive of your career pursuits”
“good pay + bonus oppurtunity”
“amazing people to work with”
“Good training in my specialty”
“no weekends or holidays worked”
“It was great working here.”
“Excellent work life balance.”
Lead Primary Care Physician Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Lead Primary Care Physician
- Family Medicine Physician
- Internal Medicine Physician