What does a Food-and-Beverage-Manager do?
A food and beverage manager is responsible for the operations of a restaurant. They are responsible for ensuring that all of the food and drinks are of the highest quality. A few of the main duties of a food and beverage manager are designing unique menus, handling customer complaints, creating company policies, and complying with food and safety regulations. They also have to prepare reports on how the the restaurant is performing. Some of the jobs titles that a food and beverage manager could grow into are restaurant manager and general manager.
A food and beverage manager should have four years of experience in the restaurant industry as well as a culinary school degree. One of the most important skills that a food and beverage manager will have is the ability to connect with customers. Another skill is problem solving as the food and beverage manager will have to be able to solve any issues that the restaurant encounters.
- Design attractive menus
- Develop a relationship with regular customers
- Follow food and safety regulations
- Order food supplies for the kitchen
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with food and service
- Assist with marketing events
- Create restaurant policies
- Hire and train new restaurant staff
- Culinary degree is preferred but not necessary
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to forecast how much food is needed
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Great leadership abilities
- Deep knowledge of the food industry
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Ability to create reports to give to ownership
Average Base Pay
Food-and-Beverage-Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Food-and-Beverage-Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
“I would highly recommend anyone who wants to learn and grow and be successful in their career.”
“Supervisor are really nice well the restaurant I worked in but overall SeaWorld is a fun place to work good benefit”
“You meet some great people if you love to make people feel valued as a customer.”
“Pretty much everyone who works there is under 20 so you end up just working with your friends.”
“Reliable and good people to work with”
“The crew you work with will be fun and you’ll make great friends.”
“Flexible hours and for the first 5 months it was enjoyable.”
“Easy and good pay.”
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Food-and-Beverage-Manager