What does a Fashion Model do?
Fashion models represent brands and designers by wearing their clothing and accessories in photo shoots, commercials, and runway shows. This role often requires physical attractiveness and an ability to maintain an elegant and graceful appearance through long exhausting hours. Fashion models receive clothing items from a designer or brand and work with stylists and photographers to take a series of snapshots for use in print or online campaigns. They must carefully listen to direction and work well with others, including other models.
Fashion models also film television commercials and other video advertisements which may add complexity and require longer hours of work or speaking parts in advertisements, which requires memorization of lines or reading of cue cards while still highlighting the items they wear. They participate in runway shows where designers premiere seasonal or new collections and need to walk with poise and convey a particular emotion under the designer’s direction. Most models have a high school diploma or equivalent and a background in fashion, art, merchandising, or other fields.
- Assist in hitting sample deadlines set out by the photo studio, PR, and photoshoot schedules.
- Support manager in working closely with functional lead across omni merchandising, business strategies and marketing to enable successful execution.
- Work closely with stylist coordinator for each department to understand when samples are being requested.
- Responsible for giving clear information on what has been sent to the studio, photoshoot, etc. and when as well as giving clear recaps on what samples are still missing.
- Assist with PR sample pulls for editorial, campaign and influencer requests.
- Experience in fashion modeling, merchandising, and branding.
- Demonstrated time management skills and sound work ethic.
- Leadership and decision making skills and strict attention to detail.
- Experience with drawing, illustration, graphite, and computing skills.
Fashion Model Salaries near Ireland
There are no current reports for Fashion Model salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Fashion Model Career Path
Learn how to become a Fashion Model, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Fashion Model Insights
“None it was a great place to work really enjoyed my time there would go back if j could”
“my consultant was really friendly and explained everything about the job i didnt know of”
“I love this company i love south korea my dream ma I am work with this company”
“I loved my store leader but my district manager I did not hold in high regard.”
“Eyewitness an FC make $12.50 an hour and yet a warehouse manager make 11 because it was a pay raise from 9”
“Pay is not the best”
“Work to life balance was decent”
“it was good to work at”
Fashion Model Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Fashion Model
- Purchasing Agent
- Merchandise Coordinator
- Procurement Agent