What does a Customer Relations Assistant do?
Customer service representatives (CSRs) are the front-line support within organizations that sell products and services to consumers and businesses. In consumer sales focused companies, customer service reps provide phone-based support to customers to help resolve product issues, answer account and billing questions, and in some cases, make new sales. In services-focused companies whose sales are business-to-business in nature, a CSR will usually solve specific product quality or integration issues. In such cases, a rep will work closely with an account manager or sales representative.
The skills needed to be a successful customer service representative include: strong communication skills, customer service system experience, and time management and interpersonal skills.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests via telephone, email, and chat in a timely fashion
- Document all inquires, requests, resolutions, and follow-up tasks
- Escalate inquires and requests as necessary to the appropriate department or person following outlined guidelines
- Display a courteous and empathetic attitude to all customers
- Perform research to answer customer inquiries and requests
- Grow existing customer accounts through exceptional customer service and effective sales techniques
- Meet quantitative performance metrics as outlined
- Keep customer accounts current by updating databases during calls
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Experience working with inbound and outbound calls, customer retention, and inside sales preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a high volume role
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Basic computer skills in various software and web-based applications
Assistant Customer Relations Salaries
There are no current reports for Assistant Customer Relations salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Customer Relations Assistant Career Path
Learn how to become a Customer Relations Assistant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Customer Relations Assistant Insights
“I don't think any challenge i am getting while working cz everyone is very supportive and helpful”
“This was the best job I ever had the owners were super supportive and encouraging and help me grow”
“Pay wasn't great and the hours weren't great but it was also my first real job.”
“I liked the people I trained with and the on the job training was excellent as well.”
“Dr.Saggu was really nice and wonderful to work with provided many opportunities to learn from.”
“the hourly pay at tesco is good and the way the look after colleges is great.”
“If you try to discuss a raise you get told that pay is competitive and you should be grateful.”
“Even the other agents are great to work with and are usually really nice and understanding.”
Customer Relations Assistant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Customer Relations Assistant
- Customer Care Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Customer Relations