What does a Senior Data Entry Clerk do?
Data entry clerks are responsible for inputting a high volume of data from multiple sources into a database, ensuring that all necessary data is being entered and maintained. In addition, data entry clerks must verify and edit data as needed. Aside from the primary duty of data entry, many data entry clerks also perform other general office tasks like scanning documents and answering phones.
Data entry clerks must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Much of the training for data entry clerks happens on-the-job. Beyond that, they must be computer savvy, have an eye for detail, and possess quick typing skills.
- Receive and process invoices for payment and update invoice details accordingly
- Accurately enter data into corresponding fields within various software programs
- Identify and correct data entry errors using appropriate quality control methods
- Perform related tasks like ordering office supplies and filing documents
- Manage and organize records and files
- Prepare relevant reports as needed
- Provide general data entry support across many teams on an ad-hoc basis
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 2 years of data entry experience or related office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telelphone, scanner, calculator, and photocopier
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically
Senior Data Entry Clerk Salaries near Ireland
There are no current reports for Senior Data Entry Clerk salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Senior Data Entry Clerk Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Data Entry Clerk, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Data Entry Clerk Insights
“Good and friendly environment for work.it is near to my home and one of the best place to work”
“And I'm gonna as a part time worker which is good number in salary.”
“And I'm gonna apply as a part time worker which is good number in salary.”
“I have made mistakes while learning and working here but everyone was understanding and helpful.”
“worth in money order returns and refunds to fix this issue and then I said good bye.”
“No stress at work and no much pressure by the superiors if you do your job perfectly.”
“The pay is quite good and you get to explore interesting places around the world.”
“I on multiple occasions also had to work both to go orders and responsibility and hosting responsibility's.”
Senior Data Entry Clerk Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Data Entry Clerk
When working as a Senior Data Entry Clerk, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are SAP Information Steward, Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle SQL and Word Processing.
- Administrator On Duty
- Office Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager
Get anonymous career insights from your peers
Do jobs ever pay over the range advertised in the posting? For example, if I apply to a job with a range of 65k-96k and I really want $120k, is that bonkers? I feel like most of them. Don’t even want to pay the top of their advertised range. I’m just wondering how real these are.