What does a Director of Quality Engineering do?
A quality engineer is responsible for the generation of a strategic plan to improve the business processes and increase production output. Duties include creating the company's quality standards and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability and performance. Quality engineers are also responsible for the creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating to the production process with efforts placed to find a solution. Depending on the industry and organization, the typical career advancement for a quality engineer is in a managerial or executive position.
A bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field is often required for the job of a quality engineer with most companies expressing a preference for a master's degree. A successful track record working as a quality engineer is also often required by hiring managers. Other valuable skills include a high proficiency in computer technology including Microsoft Office applications and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process
- Master's degree in engineering preferred
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance environment required
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment
- Basic mathematical arithmetic skills
Director Of Quality Engineering Salaries near Ireland
There are no current reports for Director Of Quality Engineering salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Director of Quality Engineering Career Path
Learn how to become a Director of Quality Engineering, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Director of Quality Engineering Insights
“It was not overly stressful and coworkers/managers were very nice and willing to answer any questions I had.”
“Lease vehicle is one of the best pros in today's market and Competitive salary since merger”
“It is my first company and I worked good and I learned new knowledge to develop my career and growth”
“Have good work life balance (depends on projects but most of them are good).”
“This is a good place to start your career and move on after 3 years.”
“There is a great team that will work with you and wants to teach you what they know.”
“I got good opportunities to work in interesting projects and interacted with product development companies directly.”
“Good payment for your work and recognizes you if you and your work are worth of.”
Director of Quality Engineering Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Director of Quality Engineering
When working as a Director of Quality Engineering, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Leadership, Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Optimization and Automation Tools.
- QA Analyst
- QA Engineer
- Quality Manager
- QA Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Director of Quality Engineering is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.